Hello. We use cookies on this website
to help us and our partners improve
your browsing experience. More Info
Manage Cookies Close

A room padded with efficient soundproofing.

To enquire about this service and more please fill out our contact form:


Ensure your construction goes to plan

When undertaking any new build or converting any building to a residential development (e.g. house or flats), you are required to conform to Part H of Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations 1990 (as amended) or Part E of the Building Regulations 2000 (England & Wales). The purpose of these regulations is the protection against sound from other parts of a building and adjoining buildings. Ethos Environmental work with local authorities and the construction industry to undertake monitoring to these standards. We can then provide advice and solutions to ensure your new build is in complete compliance with the regulations. Let us help you make sure testing gives you no nasty surprises and your build's completion certificates are issued without problems.

A soundproofed room..

Technical performance standards

Performance standards are given for walls, floors and stairs having a separating function and in new buildings and buildings formed by change of use. Each test must therefore be carried out successfully to ensure proper sound insulation testing.

A graph displaying loud noise vibrations.

Post-completion testing

Ethos Environmental Ltd is accredited by UKAS (No. 2146) for Post-completion Sound Insulation Testing for the Building (Scotland) Regulations 2004, using the guidance given in Technical Handbook Domestic, Section 5, Noise for Domestic Buildings. Ethos is currently the only consultancy, registered in Scotland, to hold this accreditation.

Protect against sound in residential homes and flats:

Sound regulations and testing applies to:

  • Homes
  • Flats
  • Hotels
  • Hostels
  • Boarding houses
  • Halls of residence

Let Ethos Environmental help you stay ahead of any sound insulation problems with thorough testing. Call us on 0800 028 6838

The number of tests required will depend on the number of dwellings in each development. The regulations state that a minimum of one set of tests is required for every ten dwellings of each construction type on a development.




© hibu (UK) Limited  .  All rights reserved.  Conditions of use |Privacy Policy |Cookie Policy